Joining the Club
The best way to find out if you want to join the club is to come along to one (or a few) of our sessions, join in with the training and meet fellow members.
Generally we have folk out mountain-bike cycling on Monday evenings, wild-swimming on either Tuesdays or Wednesdays, road cycling on Thursday evenings, and indoor/pool swimming on Thursday evenings & Saturday mornings. Specific information on what we do, where and when we train, can be found on discipline-specific pages.
If you wish to participate in club time-trials and/or cycle sportive, then you will be required to become a full member as these are club confined events.
Alternatively, if you would like to chat about the club or the sport(s) of triathlon, please contact any of our members or message us on Facebook.
Membership subscription is currently £15 per annum. You can join the Mid-Argyll Tri & Cycle Club via our membership page on Entry Central.
- 12 month membership (renewed every January)
- Membership card (with retail discounts*).
- Discounted training costs.
- Access to coaching advice.
- Invite to all social events (excluding any ticket costs).
- Opportunity to purchase club sportswear (cycle-tops, bibs, shorts, tri-suit, etc.).
* We are grateful to a few local retailers who kindly offer discounts (usually 10% off, subject to retailer discretion) to our members.
Mid Argyll Tri and Cycle Club is affiliated with both TriathlonScotland and the Scottish Cycling Union. Individual membership with either or both regulatory bodies is not required and is not included in MATCC membership, but does bring additional benefits as laid out below:
TriathlonScotland is the national governing body for triathlon, duathlon and multisports in Scotland and is recognised by both sportscotland and The British Triathlon Federation (BTF).
With your support, we:
• Offer club and race memberships
• Help clubs to host events and increase participation
• Run national championship events
• Train coaches to gain recognised qualifications
• Coach triathletes to compete on the world stage
• Build a strong core of skilled volunteers
All to achieve our mission of ‘realising the full potential of a vibrant triathlon and multisport community in Scotland.’
To find out more and to join TriathlonScotland, visit: www.triathlonscotland.org/membership
Individual TS members receive a host of benefits including discounts on race entries and apparel, racing insurance cover and a unique TS training gift. TS members who race will also help their club to gain points in the hotly contested ranking series. Individual ranking awards are also up for grabs across sprint and standard distances as well as open water, cross tri, duathlon and aquathon.